- By: Michael Sachse
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/thecows-michaelsachse2010
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page.
This year, I have decided to join The Cows and raise funds for CHOC by riding the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge dressed in CHOC kit. We are targeting raising more than R4 million to upgrade the pediatric oncology wards at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital. The pediatric oncology wards at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital provide hundreds of children from across South Africa with treatment for cancer.
Please support me in this awesome challenge!
- Nov 23, 2010 - R 100.00
- "Well done Mike, enjoy the ride!" - Shelley
- Nov 21, 2010 - R 500.00
- "Many thanks for giving up the time to support this worthy cause. " - Donny "Ladybird" Zorich
- Nov 20, 2010 - R 500.00
- "pedal,pedal,pedal,pedal, pedal , pedal. Go Man Go. Have a great and safe ride." - cliff and cherryl
- Nov 20, 2010 - R 1 000.00
- "Well done to you Son and CHOC for all their good work!" - Cathy Sachse
- Nov 20, 2010 - R 100.00
- "Good luck, do us proud!!!!" - Illeana Cocotos
- Nov 18, 2010 - R 200.00
- "Mike you have our support now and always" - Rob and Carla
- Nov 15, 2010 - R 200.00
- "Aunty Chantel we are proud of you Jamie-leigh and Scott" - www.backabuddy.co.za/jamie-leigh-eagle
- Nov 15, 2010 - R 111.00
- "Your'e an awesome Brother-in-Law, Thanks:)" - Chany
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA is the only organisation in South Africa that provides comprehensive countrywide support for children with cancer and other life-threatening blood disorders, and their families. CHOC has a head office in Johannesburg, six regional offices, two branches, and 12 accommodation facilities close to treatment centres. CHOC relies heavily on corporate sponsors, donations from groups or individuals wanting to make a difference in the lives of these little ones.
Their comprehensive support improves the welfare and quality of care of children with cancer and offers families a wide range of psychosocial services and practical support such as counselling, free accommodation, free transport and transport fund to ensure that no child abandons treatment due to the family not affording transport costs, food parcels as they recognise the financial difficulties families often face and parent to parent support groups. CHOC also plays a leading advocacy role and promotes early detection to save lives nationally.