Theodore Yach Memorial Swim
- By: Jonathan Henning
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/theodore-yach-memorial-swim
Theodore Yach was a true legend of Cape Town and South Africa. He played a major role in developing our local economy, generously supported dozens of charities and causes, and inspired all those around him to be their best. And in his spare time he swam, and swam, and swam; becoming the world record holder for completing the Robben Island Crossing a substantial 108 times.
In an attempt to honour Theodore in his own style, a group of his friends and mentees will be attempting a Robben Island crossing in mid-October, and raising money and awareness for a couple of charities that he and his family have approved of.
We urge you to join us in honouring Theodore by making a charitable donation to Souper Troopers.
The exact date of the memorial swim isn't confirmed yet, as the swim date is very weather and sea condition dependant, however, it will likely be between 14-19 October 2019. We encourage you to join us on the day of the swim by welcoming the swimmers on shore after their crossing. Bring along gees, happy energy, and probably some hot chocolate or coffee.
If you want to be kept up to date or would like more details please contact Jonathan Henning 072 685 8535 or Shaun Reznik 072 304 1789.
- Dec 26, 2019 - R 514.10
- "????" - Holly and Michael
- Dec 25, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Congrats Jonathan on this great initiative " - Roy and Debby Silver
- Dec 24, 2019 - USD $ 73.92
- "We are so excited we were able to be there! Congratulations!" - Gilbert Family
- Dec 24, 2019 - R 308.46
- "Great initiative and well done on the swim!" - Johnny Bamberger
- Dec 22, 2019 - USD $ 21.04
- "All the best guys!" - Matthew & Caitlin
- Dec 20, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Congratulations on a great effort" - Argent
- Nov 18, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "In memory of my friend who I think of every time I jump in the water - he motivates me every day..." - Martin Goodman
- Nov 11, 2019 - USD $ 36.82
- "Best of luck to all swimmers. Theo would be proud." - Anon
- Nov 05, 2019 - R 257.05
- "All the best guys." - Lloyd & Adele Nussey
- Oct 15, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Well done all!" - Bronwyn and James Gower
- Oct 15, 2019 - USD $ 26.76
- "good luck guys - very sad to miss it! Raph Chaskalson" - Raphael Chaskalson
- Oct 15, 2019 - R 1 080.00
- "Wishing you the very best of luck!" - Brian Goldberg
- Oct 09, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Great initiative & good luck for the swim!" - Jarryd
- Oct 02, 2019 - R 324.00
- "Good luck guys! Great cause" - Meg & Daren Fuchs
- Oct 02, 2019 - R 370.15
- "A beautiful tribute xx" - Lori, Dean & Leo Joffe
- Oct 02, 2019 - USD $ 49.88
- "Keep making us proud" - Chicago Cuzzies
Kerry Hoffman spent a day sharing soup and sandwiches with people living on the street and that experience led to the establishment of Souper Troopers, a level 1 B-BBEE contributor, registered NPO and PBO that aims to restore dignity to homeless people and help them reintegrate them into society, thereby achieving its purpose of eradicating homelessness.
To set up your own fundraising page for Souper Troopers click here.