Help save Tianna's vision
- By: Umesan Naidoo
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/tianna-naidoo
Hi, my name is Umesan Naidoo. I'm 28 Years old and currently residing in Marlands, Germiston on the Eastrand of Gauteng.
My 8 year old daughter Tianna Naidoo has lost her vision due to an incident which occurred on the 17th of November 2018.
She and her brother were playing together with some boxes and sellotape as we just moved into our new home. Her brother then taped himself in such a way where could not move and he started losing his breath, Tianna then ran to the kitchen and got a big knife used for cutting meat, she then started cutting the tape from the bottom upwards, as she cut the tape it went through so fast and then pierced her right eye. In doing so she pierced her pupil, ruptured her lense and her retina has been detached.
My wife and I managed to raise funds from family and friends to have the first operation completed, where Dr. Andre Botha repaired the rupture and performed an A/C washout. We still have an outstanding balance at the hospital to pay before having the next operation done.
My wife and I have depleted what savings we had. We have taken loans which we can't afford to pay back, exhausted our credit cards, we sold our car, our family and friends have assisted so much, all I'm trying to do is to save my little girls vision I am just trying every little cent to afford my daughter's Vitrectomy surgery.
Dr. Bernard Wolff a retina specialist, advised the operation needs to be done as soon as possible, and it will not be the last, but due to no funds and a balance at the JHB eye hospital, I am left helpless.
Breakdown of costs:
Balance JHB eye hospital - R17800.00
New hospital fee - R38000.00
Anesthetist - R5000.00
Dr. Brenard Wolff fee - R17000
Dr. Andre Botha Balance - R3000
My daughter is already developing a complex. She feels depressed always, the kids in school tease her and make fun of her, she doesn't like to go out and play anymore as the sun affects her eye and it hurts a lot, she wakes in the middle of the night screaming and crying due to pain as she still has the stitches in her eye. My wife and I feel so helpless as we can't do anything without the funds. My daughter is a brilliant A student, who loves school and helping others
Funds will cover the balance JHB eye hospital and Dr. Andre Botha, then to be paid to JHB eyes hospital for the next operation as well as the anesthetist on the day of the operation and finally Dr. Brenard Wolff's fee.
- Jun 15, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Have faith." - Vanessa
- Jun 15, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Praying for the best for your daughter ????" - Natasha
- Jun 15, 2019 - R 205.64
- "God’s choicest blessings to you" - P
- Jun 15, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Wishing you a speedy recovery. God bless you!" - Anonymous
- Jun 13, 2019 - R 205.64
- "All the best. Wish you a speedy recovery" - Anonymous
- Jun 13, 2019 - R 1 510.00
- "Wishing you all the best Tianna !" - Anonymous
- Jun 12, 2019 - R 257.05
- "All the best" - Anonymous
- Jun 12, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Wishing your babygirl a speedy recovery" - Anneline
- Jun 12, 2019 - R 510.00
- "Wish you well my angel. " - Kashmira
- Jun 12, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Praying that you come up with the required amount for you little angel. " - Nazira
- Jun 11, 2019 - R 2 000.00
- "All the best" - vishal baijoo
- Jun 11, 2019 - R 100.00
- "I wish your daughter a speedy recovery and I hope you meet all your required funds and may you get many hands to join in and help your daughter to get the vision of life back. " - Sachin Ramjeawon