Tragedy strikes for mom with cerebral palsy Emmanuel
- By: Samantha Parrish
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/tragedy-strikes-for-mom-with-cerebral-pals
We have some very tragic sad news. Most of you will know and remember precious Emmanuel the little boy we have been assisting since 2015 with severe cerebral palsy.
Well, his amazing mom Lea has always wanted to have another baby. She finally fell pregnant and was due to give birth to a baby girl this week. She went to the hospital with labour pains on the weekend. She was only 1cm dilated for the entire day. Negligently the doctors discharged her. Despite knowing her history with Emmanuel who got cerebral palsy due to a 44-daylabour and forceps used eventually to get him out.
She returned at midnight on Monday in terrible pain. She cried. She begged them to help her and again explained that her son has cerebral palsy due to a too long labour. She was told to keep quiet.
They eventually did a cesarean section on Tuesday morning. But sadly the precious little baby girl was not breathing. It was too late. She did not make it ???????? Now poor Lea is being discharged today to return home empty-handed and with a terrible wound from the c section.
We are all completely devastated. And are going to look into taking this matter further for investigation as we truly believe negligence resulted in the death of this innocent little baby girl.
What we would like to do is make Emmanuels 8th birthday which is on the 9th December extra special for both him and his mom. Especially after this terrible tragedy.
Money raised will be used to throw Emmanuel a lovely party as well as support him and Lea while she recovers from her traumatic experience and death of her baby girl.
Please open your hearts and help us give them a special day ???? we will purchase new clothes for him from any donations given.
Please Help Us Spread The Word: Share This Post
- Nov 16, 2019 - R 15.23
- "All the best to the both of them" - Oriel
- Dec 03, 2018 - R 500.00
- "Wishing you strength" - Cara
- Nov 30, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Happy Birthday! Sending you both love and light!" - Anonymous
- Nov 30, 2018 - USD $ 13.85
- "May you be comforted and supported with love" - anonymous
- Nov 30, 2018 - USD $ 15.39
- "Happy Birthday" - Anonymous
- Nov 30, 2018 - USD $ 13.17
- "Happy birthday Emanuel" - Anonymous
- Nov 30, 2018 - R 304.50
- "Sending love and strength to you" - Anonymous
- Nov 29, 2018 - USD $ 80.16
- "Wishing Emmanuel an amazing 8th Birthday and his mum strength, love and light during this difficult time!" - Kerissa Naidoo
- Nov 29, 2018 - USD $ 38.18
- "Sending strength, praying for her heart to heal" - SH
- Nov 29, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Sending love and light during this terrible and tragic time. " - Natalie Lutrin
- Nov 29, 2018 - R 185.08
- "Sending wishes of comfort and healing" - Karen
- Nov 29, 2018 - R 257.05
- "Sending you love light and strength " - Anonymous
- Nov 29, 2018 - R 102.82
- "May only good things bless you from this point onwards. Sending love and light. " - Anonymous
- Nov 29, 2018 - R 203.00
- "Sending love and strength" - Anonymous
- Nov 29, 2018 - R 185.08
- "Strength to the mom and a happy bday for Emmanuel " - Danielle stein
- Nov 29, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Wishing you well " - Ziona Scop
The Angel Network
The Angel Network is a voluntary organization, run solely via the power of social media. We are a registered NPO (181-947NPO). Our goal is to create a gateway for giving. A platform from which helping the helpless will become easily accessible to anyone wanting to do a little more, and give a little more. The Angel Network enables, facilitates and mobilises acts of kindness.