Empowered to Connect Training Fund
- By: Thomas Urs Jordi
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/training-fund
My wife and I started the Fatherheart Fund with the desire to support adoptive and foster families. We have 4 kids, 3 adoptive and one natural so we are very aware of the challenges faced by adoptive/foster parents. We have been blessed to help fund adoptions, raise awareness, fight against laws which could threaten adoptions in South Africa and we want to learn how to better serve the adoptive and foster parents of these children from hard places.
We have come to learn about the empowered to connect methods over the past few years and would love to be trained as trainers to help other parents use these tools.
Empowered to Connect (ETC) Parent/Caregiver Training is an interactive learning experience designed for parents and caregivers specifically those whose children have experienced adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), toxic stress, and maltreatment. It is fundamentally believed that every human being has a great capacity to grow and overcome adversity when that journey is done in supportive, connected and nurturing environments.
Check out https://empoweredtoconnect.org
We hope to be trained to train others do just this, please help us.
The course is held in Memphis Tennesee, USA and the course conveners have graciously given us a huge discount, but we still need to travel, buy materials for the 7-week pre-course training and cover accommodation when we are in the USA.
The Fatherheart Fund would like to assist us with getting Stateside so that we can be equipped to help the families we have served and will serve in the future. Any contributions to the Fatherheart Fund with the reference ETC will go towards getting us the ETC training.
- Jun 09, 2019 - R 1 522.50
- "I love what you are doing" - Urs Jordi
- Jun 03, 2019 - R 2 056.40
- "We support and love you both! Go and do what God has called you to!" - Amie & Christoph
- May 30, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Thank you " - Julie and Sandy
- May 30, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Thank you for the amazing work you do for our most vulnerable children and the Kingdom. " - Wayne Allen
- May 30, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Trust all will work out according to God's will in this." - Anon
- May 28, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Just do it" - N Gove
The Fatherheart Fund
The Fatherheartfund, under the covering and tax exemption of the NOIN Trust, seeks to:
- Assist financially with the costs involved in adoption and foster care;
- Raise awareness for the needs of orphans and children requiring adoption and foster care;
- Assist and equip parents who have adopted or foster children; and
- Advocate for and give a voice to the most vulnerable children.
The Fatherheart fund also partners with other organisations to raise awareness and facilitate activism against laws which have the potential to lessen the rights of vulnerable children and prevent them from being placed in loving adoptive families.