Victory Kids Pre-School Fundraiser
- By: Lee Holgate
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/vkps
God's Little Light House is a little pre-school in Cape Town that was started in 1988 to serve working families that could not afford day-care. Children from the local informal settlement Masiphumelele that attended the school have been loved, fed, cared for and encouraged to learn and grow. Sadly in July this year, Pam Keightley passed away. She was the driving force of the school, so at the end of 2019, the pre-school and aftercare center is set to close its doors.
Victory Church Cape Town has had an offer accepted to buy the property on which God’s Little Lighthouse operated. The vision is to open a new not-for-profit pre-school in its place and provide a familiar, safe space to continue to care for disadvantaged children. But we also plan for immeasurably more:
Enabling children’s spiritual, emotional, physical and academic growth
Providing a nurturing environment with caring, loving and qualified teachers
Inspiring children to dream and believe they can achieve anything!
Our goal is to raise three million rands (R3 000 000 or £175 000 or $215 000) to enable the launch of Victory Kids Pre-School in January 2020.
This money will be used to:
*Buy the property on which God’s Little Lighthouse operated (R2 245 000)
*Complete urgent building works to comply with health and safety standards (approx. R310 000)
*Refurbish parts of the building that have suffered wear and tear (approx. R350 000)
*Buy office equipment, classroom fixtures and furniture necessary to set up the school approx. (R105 000)
For more information on how you can partner with us, go to www.victorykids.org.za or email [email protected].
- Jan 23, 2020 - USD $ 73.02
- "Thanks Courtney Smolders for sharing the news of this wonderful project!" - Sarah Brooks
- Jan 18, 2020 - USD $ 195.78
- "Go Victory Kids! Go Victory Church! We in Manchester, UK are just so pleased you've made it this far. Here's to an excellent new decade for the families of the valley!" - Robert Varnam
- Jan 12, 2020 - USD $ 105.20
- "God bless" - Tracey padilla
- Dec 19, 2019 - USD $ 368.20
- "Blessings to you all!" - Anonymous
- Dec 16, 2019 - R 514.10
- "This is so exciting!" - mich fish
- Dec 08, 2019 - R 508.75
- "What a wonderful initiative. I taught many kids from God’s Little Lighthouse and it absolutely should continue!" - Cherie
- Dec 07, 2019 - USD $ 35.97
- "I don't think they'll be a better preschool in all the world. Well done everyone involved! " - Helen
- Dec 04, 2019 - USD $ 925.00
- "Go Victory Kids!!" - Rea Family
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 205.64
- "The future is Bright for sure!" - Anon
Donations to dateR 193 245.02
Fundraising targetR 3 000 000.00
Funds raised offlineR 167 262.00 Donate
Victory Church Cape Town
We can’t fix all the problems that affect the children of South Africa. But we can begin with what is in front of us. Victory Church Cape Town wants to make a difference for children living in poverty by laying excellent foundations for their education and opening up their own dreams for a brighter future.
Victory Kids Pre-School will be a not-for-profit early childhood development (ECD) school that encourages spiritual, emotional, physical and academic growth in a nurturing environment with caring and qualified teachers. Even if they come from a marginalised background, we want each child to know: You are important. Your actions matter. The future is bright for you.