VoQoL- Voice Activated Quality of Life in the Western Cape
- By: VoQoL
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/voqol-voice-activated-quality-of-life
“Where my wheelchair is my legs, VoQoL is my hands”
Often the greatest frustration for individuals with a physical disability is their inability to complete daily tasks such as turning on or off the TV, quickly flicking from a sitcom to check the cricket score, or turning off the light at night when they are ready to sleep. These may be small tasks but are tasks an individual with a physical disability is simply unable to complete on their own.
For assistance, individuals will call on their carers at least 10 times per day to complete these “non-vital” tasks, with each task taking up to 1 minute.
With the VoQoL system we can empower individuals with a disability to complete these tasks themselves, and save over 100 hours per day of staff time!
Help us to empower over 60 residents in three residential facilities- QAWC Self-Help-Centres, Turfhall Cheshire Home and Eric Miles Cheshire Home. to take back control of their own lives, and be their own boss.
Every donation gets us one step closer to making this change. We thank all donors for their invaluable support.
- Jan 14, 2018 - R 2 056.40
- "Good luck, Big G! Technoogy at works - love it." - Kris Zacny
- Dec 22, 2017 - R 1 028.20
- "Worth every cent!" - John Lugt
- Dec 22, 2017 - R 1 010.00
- "From a 93 year old who has seen Alexa in action." - Gert
- Dec 12, 2017 - R 1 010.00
- "Blessings!!!" - FOAMKOR
- Nov 29, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Well worth supporting!" - Sherman
- Nov 22, 2017 - R 110.00
- "Challenging Supporters to PLEASE equal or better my donation, to improve the quality of life of residents with physical disabilities." - Helen Goodson