Walking Free Foundation
- By: Samantha Davis
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/walking-free-foundation
My name is Samantha Davis & I'm raising funds for my brother Ronnie Spies, aged 47 who is trying to raise awareness for Mental Health & Environmental issues. His ultimate goal is to start a facility to assist affected youth.
Ronnie Spies Jnr is attempting the first-ever solo walk around the circumference of South Africa - a distance of over 6000 KM. This feat has never been achieved by an individual before. Ronnie is attempting this epic journey to raise awareness for Mental health and environmental issues.
He is hoping to raise funds to start a facility to assist affected youngsters by combining environmental and mental awareness towards the common good and to assist distressed youth. The walk is expected to take approximately 2 years to complete. Funding is needed to ensure Ronnie's needs are met while completing the walk.
The costs for the walk are expected to be around R50 000, the cost for starting a community centre is estimated to be around R250 000.
Ronnie & the Walking Free Foundation's principal objectives are to help youth across all economic, social and cultural backgrounds who are facing difficult challenges such as addiction, mental & physical abuse. Ronnie & the Walking Free Foundation will combine the healing of fauna & flora with the healing and spiritual upliftment of people facing addiction or mental health challenges.
By sharing his story and creating awareness on the targeted issues, hopefully, his story will impact and inspire many people and ultimately help him to achieve his goals of helping people who have suffered from the same things he has faced in his life.
*Funds raised will be paid directly to the Walking Free Foundation*
- Jan 26, 2020 - USD $ 69.58
- ""The lion never fears to walk alone" - Lailah Gifty Akita" - Barry Clarke
- Jan 13, 2020 - USD $ 258.33
- "It’s your road and yours alone, others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you... Rumi" - Alix Verrips
- Jan 10, 2020 - USD $ 37.02
- "All the best Ronnie! Amazing what you are doing for the benefit of others x" - Belinda and David Mitchell
- Oct 24, 2019 - USD $ 50.00
- "All the best. So proud of you x " - Ilze Reinke (niggie)
- Oct 19, 2019 - R 205.64
- "All the best for the rest of you venture" - Beverley Rogers
- Oct 19, 2019 - R 514.10
- "All the best in your endeavour!" - Laura Deacon
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 510.00
- "Hope you find yourself in this unbelievable walk. " - Anonymous
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Stay strong Ronnie!" - Hendrik Zwiegelaar
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 101.50
- "Good Luck" - Sam Davis
Walking Free Foundation Cause
Samantha Davis is raising funds for her brother Ronnie Spies, aged 47 who is trying to raise awareness for Mental Health & Environmental issues. Ronnie is attempting the first-ever solo walk around the circumference of South Africa - a distance of over 6000 KM. This walk will take approximately 2 years to complete.