Wave Challenge - Surf Therapy Fund Raiser
- By: Roxy Davis Foundation NPC
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/wave-challenge---surf-therapy-fund-raiser
- Date Created: 19 October 2023
R 9 500
R 300 000
On the 3rd of December 2023 the Roxy Davis Foundation will celebrate International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
Every year we celebrate in style - last year we were at the World Para Surf Champs in California with 14 South African Para Surfers this year we will be at Surfers Corner, Muizenberg breaking a record by completing the Wave Challenge inclusive of adaptive surfers and support teams.
The Wave Challenge Surf Therapy Fundraiser is to cover the costs for 30 new surfers with disabilities to receive 6 Surf Therapy sessions in 2024. Surfers may come from special needs facilities such as schools, rehabilitation centres or care facilities. Costs covered include mobility friendly transport and guardians of vulnerable adults.
The Wave Challenge will be hosted on 3 December where adaptive / para surfers with their support teams will ALL catch the same wave!
- A donation of R10 000 will secure 1 NEW surfer 6 life changing surf therapy sessions
- In addition, join us on the day and enter 6 volunteers to particpate in the Wave Challenge, it is the perfect team building activity
- This BackaBuddy Campaign has been setup for those who live too far from the Wave Challenge - YOU CAN STILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE by fundraising and or making a donation.
- For more info go to www.roxydavisfoundation.org
- Nov 24, 2023 - USD $ 531.09
- "Hi Roxy. I really like your organisation. We are happy to support 1 new handicaped person in 2024 and wish your organisation and the team all the best. Lots of greetings from German supporters . By @martinasstuttgart" - Tina with family & friends@Stuttgart
Roxy Davis Foundation NPC
Passion with Purpose leads to Possibility for all People.
The Roxy Davis Foundation aims to affect meaningful evidence-based change in people's lives by improving their mental and physical well-being through ocean-based therapy programmes. We focus on ability, not a disability; we focus on wellness, not illness, we adapt to your needs and make it possible for anyone to experience the thrill of the ocean. Every month we host a free Surf Therapy Clinic - join our tribe and let's surf together.
By using progressive structured ocean-based therapy programmes we are able to affect meaningful evidence-based change in people’s lives by improving participants mental and physical well-being.