WEBTICKETS/ St.Joseph's Home Optimist for the Great Optimist Race
- By: WEBTICKETS/ St.Joseph's Home
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/wt-sjh-optimist
Support the WEBTICKETS/ St.Joseph's Home Optimist dinghy in The Great Optimist Race and help us not only make it first across the finishing line, but also onto the Fundraising Leaderboard.
We are raising funds for St.Joseph's Home, an intermediate paediatric care facility for children with life limiting and life threatening illness, situated in Montana, Cape Town, South Africa. Most of our children come from informal settlements where clean water, electricity, sanitation and nutritious food are in short supply. Together with the parents/family/caregivers we rehabilitate children who have life threatening conditions and facilitate the child’s healing process.
To donate to our campaign using Snapscan, please click here.
- Oct 20, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Witnessed first hand your nurses bringing kids to Red Cross and sitting with them during chemo - remarkable caring, kindness and compassion. Thanks for all the work you do St Joseph's x " - Corrin
- Oct 18, 2019 - R 225.33
- "Good luck!!" - Mark
- Oct 18, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Good sailing for a great cause " - Mom and dad
- Oct 11, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Go Team Webtickets and St Josephs! " - Catherine
- Oct 11, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Go Webtickets! " - Skipper
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 205.64
- "We are behind you all the way St Joseph's!" - Magda Pretorius
- Sep 19, 2019 - USD $ 13.68
- "Go StJosephsHome!!!!" - Penny de Viliers
The Great Optimist Race
The Great Optimist Race 2019 will be held during the Cape Town International Boat Show, on October 19th. Between 35 and 40 Optimist Children’s dinghies will be raced by adults ( Celebrities, Medical Survivors & Captains of Industry) not only for glory, but also to raise money and awareness for the charity of their choice . The Race will be a FANTASTIC and UNIQUE fundraising event , spreading Optimism and Hope across so many sectors. All the funds raised by each boat will be split between The Little Optimist Trust and the charity supported by that boat.
The event will take place at the V & A Waterfront so come down to support your boat and see who walks away with the coveted trophy.
Please donate and BackaBoat by selecting the boat and charity you would like to support. Challenge your friends and corporates to match or better your donation, and help us to help other people.