Town 2 Safe Zone
- By: Tsakani Sibanda
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/xihlobzeni
My name is Tsakani, I am raising funds on behalf our ministry Xihlobzeni in partnership with our local church. Though small we are active in the community, having responded to the pandemic in practical and sacrificial ways with food parcels and hygiene packs for young girls, and with ongoing pastoral care. However, we see greater needs of our community at this time, and are committed to opening up the church space in more intentional ways and serving the Khayelitsha community well in this very difficult and unprecedented time.
In partnership with the local Doctors without Borders (MSF) team, we are in the process of training up to 60 young people in door-to-door health promotion and disease prevention, specifically around strategies for “shielding”: ways to ensure that those most vulnerable to death or severe health complications from the virus are not ever exposed to the virus. We aim to pair the information and strategies for shielding with home-care packs containing materials that can enable effective shielding. Training has already begun with 20 young leaders identified by the community leaders and we hope to increase this to 60 for the next 6 months.
Decreasing of Covid-19 infection rate in Town 2 as households are educated on prevention, shielding methods for the vulnerable and care for those who are infected, reducing Covid-19 related deaths in Town 2.
PPE - 2 Cloth Masks per person 60 x 2 3600
Hand Sanitiser (R80 per litre) 60 x Hand Sanitiser x 100ml per month 2880
Infrared Forehead Thermometer 30 Head Thermometers R30000
Cellphone Expenses R50 per person per month R18000
Questionnaires & Data Sheets (printing) 2000
Training Manuals R50 per copy 3000
Home Care Packs (Sunlight Soap, Sanitiser, Bleach, Bucket) R50 per Pack for 500 households (In the first 3 weeks) R25000
- Dec 22, 2020 - R 1 000.00
NA" - Numa Life Church
- Dec 07, 2020 - USD $ 39.50
- "Incredible work that is truly the feet of Jesus on the earth!" - Melissa Kidd
- Dec 06, 2020 - USD $ 32.92
- "Blessings on you pr innovative initiative. " - Leslynn Heerema
- Oct 26, 2020 - R 500.00
- "Incredible people doing incredible things" - Thandi
- Oct 10, 2020 - R 200.00
- "Thank you!" - Anonymous
- Oct 10, 2020 - USD $ 14.38
- "Keep up the good work. " - Claire Montgomery Campbell
- Sep 24, 2020 - USD $ 58.58
- "Great Work!" - Darryl Headley
- Sep 23, 2020 - USD $ 29.98
- "Brilliant work towards the long-term health of the community!" - Selena
- Sep 22, 2020 - R 1 000.00
- "You inspire me and give me so much hope" - Wendy Lewin
Church of the Nazarene Khayelitsha PPE Cause
My name is Tsakani, I am raising funds on behalf my church. Our relatively small, but active church community, The Church of the Nazarene Khayelitsha, has responded to the pandemic in practical and sacrificial ways with food parcels and hygiene packs for young girls, and with ongoing pastoral care. However, we see greater needs of our community at this time, and are committed to opening up the church space in more intentional ways and serving the Khayelitsha community well in this very difficult and unprecedented time.