Wits tuition fees
- By: Zamanzima Mazibuko
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/zamanzima
My name is Zamanzima Pearlrose Mazibuko. I am a fourth-year medical student at Wits. I am a hard-working, dedicated student from Newcastle currently residing in a rural area called Malangeni who is very passionate about being a medical doctor and always strives to do her best in all her studies.
I am a person who strongly believes in the value of helping others. I am always willing to help as much as I can especially in a hospital setting. In 2017 I volunteered at Neimeyer Memorial Hospital in Newcastle where I got to experience working in different wards. Being able to help patients feel better about themselves brings me joy.
At home, I am the first born of four children to a single, unemployed parent who is unable to fund my studies. Growing up with a single parent has been really difficult as we depend on a social grant as well as my aunt and grandmother and child maintenance for financial support. The financial situation at home is what drives me to do the best of my capabilities so that I can improve the situation at home.
I am currently seeking for financial assistance as I was previously funded by NSFAS but NSFAS could not fund me since I already have a degree (an honours degree) in biological sciences. Getting funding as a graduate for medicine is really hard as most companies fund first year and some don’t fund medicine.
*Funds raised will be transferred directly to Wits University*
- Jun 28, 2019 - R 507.50
- "All the best" - Anon
- Jun 28, 2019 - USD $ 7.43
- "All the best, Doc! " - Mlungisi
- Jun 27, 2019 - R 205.64
- "All the best. You will achieve the funding you need, God willingly. " - Anonymous
- Apr 17, 2019 - USD $ 14.25
- "With God on our side, uzophumelela. I'm super proud of you and I know that God will make a way.?" - Mam'ncane
- Mar 28, 2019 - R 514.10
- "I look forward to hearing all about Dr Mazibuko in the not too distant future" - Lee-Anne
- Mar 28, 2019 - R 50.00
- "It's just a start " - Amanda