Zanethemba Kidz Haven - Help make a difference
- By: Aura Property
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/zanethemba-kidz-haven
Zanethemba Kidz Haven is a children’s Educare situated in the heart of Philippi, Cape Town. Recently dubbed by the Cape Times as the “real murder capital”, Philippi is a place where crime and violence make it very difficult for the local community to live and flourish.
CLICK HERE TO -> DONATE NOW
Zanethemba Kidz Haven and it’s founder, Vicky, are a beacon of hope, providing a safe space for the local children to receive education, love and a chance of a brighter future.
NPO Newkidz on the Block have had a great relationship with Vicky who manages Zanethemba Kidz Haven in Philippi.
“She is one of the many gems in our community who, despite adversity, keep moving forward.
At one point in her life, Vicky found herself needing to share a single bed with her late disabled son in their shack. To add to their distress, they had to put a bucket between them to catch the water coming through their leaking roof. Yet Vicky persisted.”
In November 2011 Newkidz on the Block facilitated the removal of her shack educare and replaced with a large new wooden Wendy House.
In May 2013 they facilitated interior & exterior maintenance and the installation of a large carport to extend the area of the centre to protect the children from the hot summer sun and shield them from the cold and wet winters.
Then in January 2016, a further investment was made and NPO Newkidz facilitated the removal of the wendy House and a brick structure was erected for the babies and young children in her care. What a difference!
“Vicky couldn’t believe it when she received the good news but, as mentioned above, she is a gem who deserves all the assistance she can get. Vicky started Zanethemba in 2009 with a huge heart, passion and just 5 children, she now has an amazing 60!!!”
*** Our Goal - Raise R50 000 ***
We would love to now assist Vicky in building an extra room onto her house so that there is sufficient space for each child. Vicky needs this space to then become registered with the department of social justice. To qualify there must be a minimum of 1.5 square meters per child.
It will then mean that she will receive a grant for each child and therefore keep her sustainable to enable her to continue to do the incredible work she does.
Vicky also needs a safer boundary wall to prevent burglars from getting in and to keep the children safe, more teachers, stationary, toys and other smaller alterations.
Help us do that for her by making any financial contribution. No amount is too small or too big.
Thank you for taking the time to read and please share with your friends. Let’s help Zanethemba Kidz Haven continue their work changing lives one by one.
CLICK HERE TO -> DONATE NOW
* ALL donations go directly to NPO Newkidz on the Block to finance the project
* Any donations from business can request a tax certificate for the donation provided by NPO Newkidz on the Block
* Special thank you to the following organisations for making this campaign possible:
- Dec 11, 2017 - R 514.10
- "Such a noble campaign" - Deep Thought Media
- Nov 10, 2017 - USD $ 36.91
- "Keep going with this great campaign!" - Jason Rinquest
- Oct 05, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Fantastic work guys" - Raw Web Development
- Oct 03, 2017 - R 1 010.00
- "Great job guys good luck" - Eugene Smith
- Oct 02, 2017 - R 5 141.00
- "Humbling project" - Maverick Telecommunications
- Oct 02, 2017 - R 260.00
- "Thank you Vicky for your wonderful work and thank you Silia of Aura Properties for sharing this beautiful project with her friends." - Mark Bowen
- Sep 28, 2017 - R 110.00
- "Good luck! " - Natalie
- Sep 27, 2017 - R 308.46
- "Investing in the people that give us hope! " - Carla
- Sep 27, 2017 - USD $ 39.38
- "Every little bit counts!" - Jason