Adele Blank Free Flight Dance Trust
The Adele Blank Free Flight Trust's Vision is to assist talented dancers from disadvantaged circumstances to reach their dreams and full potential and be an inspiration globally. Our Mission is to provide talented dancers from disadvantaged circumstances with the opportunity to attend tertiary education programmes in dance and become professional dancers.
Problem/ Need statement
• There is an abundance of dance talent to be found in disadvantaged communities, however very few youths have the opportunity to attend tertiary dance programmes because of social and economic conditions.
• There are very few dance schools accessible to youth in the townships.
• Those young talented dancers who manage to attend dance classes and excel are often unable to afford further tertiary dance programmes.
• Disadvantaged communities are ravaged by social and economic ills which impact on the lives of youths and limit their involvement in extra mural activities and tertiary education.
• Parents are often not present due to social and economic constraints and do not encourage their children to participate in extra mural dance.
• Scout dance talent by holding annual auditions in 3 provinces ( Western Cape, Gauteng, and KZN).
• Assess potential students capable of attending tertiary dance programmes through an intensive all day dance workshop.
• Choose one candidate to attend a year at CAPA under the auspices of Debby Turner.
• Provide financial and holistic support to the candidate over the period of one year.
• Assess progress after one year via quarterly reports from the school.