The Earthchild Project is a Non-Profit Organisation focusing on the holistic development of children, teachers, schools and communities. Our aim is to create meaningful and sustainable change by providing practical skills in how to live a more balanced and fulfilling life with a focus on self-awareness, health and wellness, and the environment. The Earthchild Project team are young, dynamic and positive. They live what they teach and think and work out the box. They are extremely passionate and committed to creating a new generation of healthy, confident, conscious and responsible earthchildren.
We place an Earthchild Facilitator into the existing structure of a school and with the support of the Earthchild team, teachers, parents, partnering organizations and volunteers, the facilitators introduce and maintain the programme.
Our schools have:
- Extra mural activities – yoga, gardening, worm farming, story telling, arts and crafts, and hiking
- Beautiful organic vegetable gardens
- Worm Farms
- Holiday Programmes
- Environmentally educational outings and camps
- Healthy tuckshops
- School wide campaigns and assemblies
At a beautiful retreat space, surrounded by nature, teachers get to experience two days of learning how to live a more balanced, healthy and happy life.
- Yoga & meditation workshops
- Healthy cooking demos
- Nature walks
- Massage treatments
- Documentary films and guest speakers
- Self development & communication skills
- Team building
Worm Farming is a highly effective (and super fun) way of transforming organic waste into highly nutritious plant food. As our wriggly little friends munch through kitchen waste they convert it into compost and ‘worm tea’ (liquid fertilizer).
Earthchild Project has the following worm farming initiatives:
- Earthworm breeding centre
- Classroom Worm Farms
- Worm Farming Workshops
- Home / Business set ups
- Worm Farming extra mural clubs