Friends Day Centre
- A registered Non-Profit Organisation based in Maitland, Cape Town
- Operational during the Western Cape School Terms, from 8:15 – 14:30, Mondays to Fridays
- Licensed by the Department of Health to accommodate up to 120 learners
- Weekly Class and Therapy Programmes
- Specialised services and therapies, including Physio- and Hydrotherapy, Speech and Occupational Therapy, as well as Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) methods and Sensory Stimulation
- 10 classes, each with two carers, fitted with specialised therapy equipment, educational toys, assisted materials and suitable communication tools to address individual needs
- Before- and Aftercare, as well as Holiday Care
- Three buses that provide transport for 40 children in the Northern, Southern and Central areas of Cape Town.
The Therapy Department offers Physio- and Occupational Therapists the necessary equipment, space and safe environment to work in groups or on a one-to-one basis with learners. Visits to the Jacuzzi for Hydro Therapy offer learners a relaxing, weight-free environment to improve movement and flexibility, and to reduce spasticity. It’s fun, facilitates social interaction, and frees children from the restrictions of their wheelchairs and buggies.
Our Speech Therapist and AAC Facilitators work in classes to address the group as a whole. We also have a Communication Room for individual sessions to improve communication skills for non-verbal learners and learners with speech delay.
This holistic approach addresses and develops Personal Care and Hygiene, Feeding, Social and Appropriate Behaviour, Cognitive Development, Number Concepts and Colour, Reading and Writing Skills, as well as daily self-help skills and the execution of everyday tasks.
Sorry, no projects have been created yet.