Guardian and Angel
Gurdian and Angel NPC originated when three women joined forces after identifying the struggle of families in the Mangaung area to survive on a day to day basis.
Hester Bekker and Helene Scott started the NPC and are also the Directors of the charity organization.
Gurdian and Angel currently supports 800 people, who consists of 350 children and 100 elderly people. The area covered is Bloemfontein, Theunissen, Jagersfontein, Petrusburg and Reddersburg.
1. Monthly handout of food parcels and clothes. Randomly this handout includes bath and cleaning products.
2. An annual Christmas project where food parcels and gifts are distributed.
3. Ad hoc support with food parcels and soup to families over and above the monthly handouts.
4. Support with electricity tokens.
5. Support of school children with stationery, clothes, school tours and projects.
6. Supplying babies with milk, nappies and clothes.
7. Blankets during winter.
8. Helping families with furniture and house hold items.
9. Ad hoc projects like weddings, Matric Farewell functions and support when houses are destroyed by fire erc.
Gurdian and Angel also aims to enable people to generate their own income by teaching them to sow, knit, crochet and learning other handcrafts.