Gloria Botha School
Gloria Botha School is a NPO that wants to develop each child’s potential to the best of their ability and turn them into happy productive citizens of our country. Persons with intellectual disabilities are unique. They experience the same emotions as others. As with all children, given the correct teaching, love and support, intellectually disabled children can develop into self-sufficient individuals with various degrees of supervision. The staff at Gloria Botha School strive to accomplish this.
The aims and objectives:
- to provide and promote any necessary services for the care of persons who are mentally handicapped and developmentally delayed and in support of their families, guardians and caregivers, regardless of race, colour or creed;
- to strive for co-operation and co-ordination between any person, organization or institution operating in the field of interest or service delivery;
- to co-operate with government authorities (Local, provincial or central) on matters of policy
- to stimulate public interest
- to generate and obtain funds to achieve the objectives as specified
The children take part in many different activities at the school and in the surrounding community. The school has 41 learners at present with 5 classes, each class has a qualified teacher and an assistant. The classes are kept small to cater for all the children's needs and this way the teachers are able to give each child more individual attention which assists in developing them as far as possible.