Hartbeespoort Animal Welfare Society
Who we are…
HAWS is a registered non-profit organization that provides welfare services for abandoned, neglected and abused pets as well as farm and wild animals in the area of Madibeng which includes Harbeespoort and Brits. HAWS also has a sterilization clinic for the animals of less privileged members of our community. HAWS receives no assistance from the municipality of Madibeng and relies solely on donations from the public and fundraising activities.
HAWS’ Aims and Objectives
- Reducing the number of animals that come into our kennels by offering sterilization for the animals belonging to underprivileged members of our community.
- Educating the public in the care of domestic animals and raising awareness of the consequences of ignorance and indifference in the treatment of all animals.
- Addressing complaints of animal abuse in the community.
- Rehabilitation of abandoned, neglected or abused domestic animals and re-homing them into loving homes.
- Assist in finding the appropriate facilities for any wildlife or farm animals that need care or attention.