The Carpenter's Shop
The services we provide allow us to impact our clients’ lives in the way they need support with the intention of re-integrating them into society or re-unifying them with their families.
We provide homeless adults, most of whom are living on the street, and people at risk of being homeless with access to
- Daily ablutions, toilet and laundry facilities
- Nutritional meals, directly and through partnerships with other NPOs
- Social work services
- Monthly healthcare wellness and screening clinic
- Vocational and life skills training in partnership with 3rd parties
- Short term second phase accommodation
By providing these services we create touch points of contact with people to: access their circumstances; gain insight into the number of people in need; and get to start a conversation with them to help them get off the street or get help with other problems like drug addiction, abuse, mental illness, or even just access to a computer.
To bring hope for the homeless, through dignity and opportunities for change.Our Values
- To treat all people with respect, understanding and fairness.
- To serve all people regardless of race, religion, or worldview.
- To uphold Christian principles, as set out in our constitution, abiding by wishes set out in the original trust dating back to 1841.