Hopelands Village NPC
Hopelands Village NPC plans to build a village with 40 houses, a school to raise and educate 240 orphaned and abandoned children. In addition to this a community training centre will also be built where skills development training will be provided to the local community.
A quote from United Nations Children’s Fund (“UNICEF”) South Africa reads: “The AIDS epidemic in South Africa is devastating families and communities. The country has the world’s largest number of HIV-infected people. There are an estimated 3.7 million orphans in South Africa – close to half of them have lost their parents to AIDS-related diseases and there are many more children living with sick and bedridden caregivers. About 150,000 children are believed to be living in child headed households.”
Hopelands is in an excellent position to attract funds due to our edge on taking care of a number of issues relating to the current crisis situation in South Africa.
This edge is to provide the following:
- A holistic life cycle for orphans and abandoned children.
- A school for the children starting at Early Childhood Development level through to grade 12 level.
- Community upliftment through skills transfer training of the population in the neighbouring Informal settlement of Orient Hills.
- Job creation through ensuring that at least 10% of the workforce at all phases of development on the village will be from the local community.
- Crime alleviation through skills transfer and job creation.
- Tourism attraction to the area.
Hopelands’ mission is to:
- Build villages for orphans where they can be placed into a family environment where they will receive unconditional love, care, guidance and spiritual discipleship,
- Where possible, facilitate the reunification of orphans with their immediate biological families and loved ones and facilitate such contact,
- Promote integration and acceptance of orphans in the community-at-large, and
- Raise public- and community awareness of the orphan crisis.
Immediate project - A much needed Library to support the Hopelands Village Homework centre.
We have embarked on the creation of a Homework centre which is up and running and our aim is to assist students with their homework and to provide a centre where students can focus on their studies after school and receive assistance and guidance with their school studies. In addition to this we wish to expand and build a library for the students of the Homework centre.
Donations to dateR 8 832.27
Fundraising targetR 2 009 000.00