Juans Journey Campaign
My son Juan is currently finishing Grade 12. It is his heart’s desire to join Victory Church GAP Year for 1 year in 2024. Unfortunately there are currently no funds for Juan to achieve this dream. We are trusting for all the costs to be covered for this year of his life.
During this year he will receive some training in his personal and spiritual development. He will also have opportunity to minister to other young people and individuals during the outreach trips. Students get to engage in various weekly outreaches into the surrounding disadvantaged communities. The programme also includes other activities for the purpose of team and character building, as well as being part of and serving the Victory Church family.
Juan has a love for photography and hopes to use this skill in his future plans. Also included in this 1 year course, is Media training.
During this time he will learn how to:
- Practically use a DSLR camera for photography and videography.
- Acquire practical skills in different forms of media by being a part of weekly events.
- Work with industry standard editing software within the Adobe Creative Cloud suite: Including LR, PS, Id, Ai, Pr.
- Learn valuable life skills such as leadership, teamwork, communication, and managing work flow.
- Interact with and learn from various real-world media companies and experts within the creative industry.
Fees to attend Victory Church GAP Year will include his:
•Tuition Fees • Full Board or Meal Plan (3 meals per day) except during holidays. • Utilities • Fibre Internet Access • Laundry Facilities • Travel Expenses - to and from lectures, all organised activities, mission, outreach, or event within South Africa • All Extracurricular Activities - orientation program, adventure days, camps, missions, or outreaches • VGY Apparel • Resource and Course Materials • Fully Furnished Students Housing
Fees will not include the following and Juan must cover this himself:
• Medical Expenses • Personal Items & Toiletries • Flights and Visa Expenses • Personal Phone and Cell Phone Calls • Personal Insurance on Valuables eg. Cars, cellphones, laptops etc.
Juan will also need a camera as he is currently only using his cellphone for photos and videos. He will also need some pocket money for the duration of the year to pay his own way.
Coming from a Missions back round, I do believe Victory Church GAP Year will give Juan the opportunity to experience some life changing moments. We will appreciate all the support we may get.