Leliebloem House Child & Youth Care Centre
Leliebloem House Children’s Home is a residential child and youth care centre with an NPO number 003-227 that renders services to 60 children from the ages of 5 years to 18 years in a residential care program. These children are placed into this alternative care program by the children’s court because they have been found in need of care and protection, and services in the community are not accessible.
Areas of Operation:
Athlone, Wynberg, Mitchell’s Plain, Paarl, Strand, Worcester Magisterial
Districts, Overberg Municipal Districts, Metropole South, Metropole North, Bellville, Northern Suburbs
Main Objectives of Program:
- To provide each child with access to appropriate developmental care
- To empower, support and facilitate capacity building within families and community
- To provide opportunities for the children and young people to learn necessary skills to meet
- their needs and that of their families.
- To mobilize ourselves to impart knowledge and skills to families and communities so that
- people can feel empowered within themselves and help to bring about positive change.
Our Residential Care Program provides the following: We receive a grant that covers 49% of our costs from the State: sheltering, feeding, counselling, schooling and clothing our children.
The Nutritional Needs of the children are particularly important to consider as they are a fundamental part of the care provided which promotes overall wellness. We do our utmost to prepare a well-balanced diet depending on our budget and food donations received on a weekly and monthly basis.