Little Elephant Training Centre for Early Education
LETCEE is an Early Childhood Development (ECD) non-profit organization (NPO) that works in the impoverished, rural communities of the Umzinyathi district, KZN.
Our vision is for every child to develop and grow in a caring community, something we have been working towards for the past 25 years!
We work to build the confidence and capacity of families and communities to create nurturing environments for their children. LETCEE achieves this by providing non-centre based ECD services in 6 rural communities. We also offer accredited ECD training on NQF level 4. Currently we run 8 Toy Libraries, including 2 Mobile Toy Libraries that visit the most rural areas.
We have 1988 children directly benefiting from our non-centre based ECD services, and another 4224 receiving good quality ECD services through our students' practical work.
For more information you can visit our website.
Fast Facts about LETCEE:
- Working in the ECD field for 25 years
- UNICEF Best Practise status awarded for Home-based ECD Model
- 118 children are fed twice a day, 365 days of the year
- 1988 other children are fed at each play group (at least twice a week)
- 252 registered students for our FETC: ECD course (level 4)
- 166 stipended volunteers who work as play facilitators in the communities
- 17 food gardens in 6 communities
- R200 feeds one child for a whole month