Little Fighters Cancer Trust
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust (LFCT) supports Children with Cancer and their Families in cases where there is no family support structure, such as in Paediatric Oncology Wards across South Africa. We are often the only line of support which these young Cancer Fighters and their bedside carers have, as many of them are far from home and kin.
Providing Practical, Emotional & Educational Support to Children with Cancer and their Families and Raising Public Awareness of Childhood Cancer Early Warning Signs across South Africa.
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust strives to relieve some of the heartache and difficulties faced by childhood cancer affected families, guided by the following goals:
- Providing support with a holistic approach, ensuring that individuals, families and communities are included
- Treating each child with cancer and his/ her family as individuals as we understand and respect the uniqueness of each situation.
- The preservation of individual dignity and pride.
- Promoting and advocating National Childhood Cancer Awareness in an effort to increase the amount of diagnosed childhood cancer cases in South Africa - earlier diagnosis will result in a higher survival rate for children with cancer in South Africa.
Our values provide the foundation of our organisation and the means by which we achieve our goals. These values are:
- Empathy and Caring
- Respect for all
- Maintenance of strict confidentiality
- Preservation of each person’s dignity and individuality
- Integrity beyond reproach
The services the Little Fighters Cancer Trust provides can be divided into three main areas.
- Hospital Ward Support
- Individual Childhood Cancer Affected Family Support
- Promoting and Advocating Childhood Cancer Awareness