The McGregor Arts Community Project
Aims and Objectives/daily activities of the Association
- To foster an appreciation of visual, performing and literary arts in the Western Cape village of McGregor.
- To create a Project in which the arts are truly valued as a community asset.
- To use the arts as a means to bring about social integration and community upliftment.
- To foster the role of the arts as a contributor to the improvement of the quality of individual lives.
- To utilise the arts as an important vehicle for addressing relevant social issues within the community.
- To provide a platform that identifies, encourages and promotes artistic talent.
- To host regular Arts Festivals in McGregor which incorporate and bring together the entire community.
- To foster and support young talented artists and arts initiatives in the community.
- To support tourism and job opportunities linked to the Festivals.
- To encourage local residents to participate and develop their entrepreneurial skills.
Donations to dateR 32 840.22
Fundraising targetR 45 000.00
Funds raised offlineR 1 500.00
May your poems "come as naturally as the leaves to a tree." (John Keats)
Keep following your dreams. All the very best!
As a fellow "baainaar", I wish you to prosper in this mission. This is an important project in the community and so vital for our young writers. All the best!
Michael & Cherise
Lets get them there! All the best
I hope it will be something beuatiful, far and close.
Best wishes on your project
PMI -- Personal Development Institute
PDI wishes the Helenvale Poets well with their writing: and hopes the project will enhance their development as well!
Write, share, dream......... it is your right!!
Jim Phelps donated R 514 to The McGregor Arts Community Project via Helenvale Poets at McGregor Poetry Festival 2018
17 Jul 2018 R 514
Senthil donated R 206 to The McGregor Arts Community Project via Helenvale Poets at McGregor Poetry Festival 2018
03 Jul 2018 R 206
Marike donated R 1 028 to The McGregor Arts Community Project via Helenvale Poets at McGregor Poetry Festival 2018
15 Jun 2018 R 1 028
Jim Schnepf donated USD $ 40 to The McGregor Arts Community Project via Helenvale Poets at McGregor Poetry Festival 2018
14 Jun 2018 USD 40