MES is a Christian social development organisation that facilitates professional service to vulnerable or at risk individuals, families and communities. MES follows a holistic service model which focusses on empowering these individuals to become independent and sustianable. The organisation is celebrating 30 years of service to inner city communities of Johannesburg. During 2008 two new branches were opened in Cape Town and Port-Elizabeth. In the following year, 2009, MES also responded to a growing need in Kempton Park and a satelite branch was started.
All MES services follows a holistic aproach of PREVENTION & INTAKE, INTERVENTION AND SUSTAINABLE EXIT.
MES Johannesburg offers the following services to the community:
1. POVERTY ALLEVIATION, SPIRITUAL & COMMUNITY ENRICHMENT SERVICES
- Social relief and outreach programme (relationship building and providing in client's basic needs)
- GROW programme (job rehabilitation programme)
- Spiritual Enrichment programme
- Youth Enrichment programme (youth, afterschool centre, Joshua Volunteer group and One Direction dance group)
- Residential Care and Shelter Accommodation
2. PROFESSIONAL HEALTH AND SOCIAL WORK SERVICES
- Social Work Services (child & family care and protection services)
- Impilo Health Care (home based care, education and in-patient unit)
- Assessment Centre (helpdesk, assessment and development of individual development plans, campaigns and generic social work services)
3. EDUCATION AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
- ECD centres (MES Operates 3 pre-schools)
- Skills Development Programme (Life skills, Vocational Skills, Computer training, security training, Micro MBA, ABET NQ1 and job placement)
- Social Enterprise
MES services are rendered to the community regardless of race, colour, religion or sexual orientation.