Micro Miracle Foundation NPC
The Micro Miracle Foundation is a nonprofit company providing financial and emotional assistance for various therapies and devices for children diagnosed with Microcephaly and related disorders. The foundation will form partnerships with the families of children suffering from Microcephaly to provide the required assistance. The Micro Miracle Foundations goal is to promote awareness of Microcephaly in South Africa and globally as well as to reassert a sense of hope for families.
Microcephaly is a rare neurological condition in which a baby's head is smaller than the heads of other children of the same age and sex. Sometimes detected at birth, Microcephaly is generally the result of the brain developing abnormally in the womb or not growing as it should after birth. Microcephaly can be caused by a variety of genetic and environmental factors. Children with Microcephaly often have developmental issues.
Generally there's no treatment for Microcephaly, but early intervention with supportive therapies, such as speech and occupational therapies, may help enhance with a child's development and improve quality of life.
The establishment of the foundation was inspired when Logan was diagnosed with Microcephaly in 2015. The medical bills are extremely high and so the foundation was started to help children with Microcephaly and closely related neurological problems.
Logan was born on 4 February 2015, and diagnosed with Primary Microcephaly on 20 July 2015. His journey with Microcephaly unfortunetly ended 19 March 2018.
The mission of The Micro Miracle Foundation is the pursuit of the following principles:
- Commitment: The Micro Miracle Foundation will provide life-long support, and instill a sense of hope in the future.
- Responsibility: The focus of The Micro Miracle Foundation is to provide the necessary support for children suffering with Microcephaly by establishing goals and following through on commitments.
- Possibility: The Micro Miracle Foundation wants to expand the perspective of families with children diagnosed with Microcephaly to make them aware of life's possibilities.
- Support: The family is dramatically influenced by their support system. The Micro Miracle Foundation wants to surround families people in a caring, inclusive learning environment.
Keys to Success:
- Establish a strong network of support with the therapists, doctors, medical aids, and device suppliers.
- Launch a series of fundraising activities that will successfully fund the expanding program.
- Establish an effective media campaign to increase awareness of Microcephaly amongst the community.
- Establish an effective monitoring system to provide sufficient feedback regarding the growth and developmental progress of the children.
Over time, The Micro Miracle Foundation will create positive environments within the family structure to promote the growth and development of the children as well as to increase awareness for Microcephaly within the community at large.
The foundation is not funded in any other way than the fundraisers & events that are arranged in aid thereof. The Micro Miracle Foundations' partnership with families will be a life-long partnership. The needs of the children will be assessed and support will be provided accordingly. The various forms of support range from emotional guidance, to professional therapies, to assistive devices, and possible medical intervention. Constant monitoring and feedback will be provided to ensure the developmental progress of the children.
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Maes therapy
- Advanced Bio-Mechanical Rehabilitation (ABR)
- Cranial-sacral therapy (CST)
- Horse therapy
- Hyperbolic chamber (oxygen chamber)
- Stem cell therapy
- Other specialists
- Feeding tubes
- Nissen procedure
- Neurological procedures
- Orthopedic procedures
- Other specialized procedures
- CT scan
- Other diagnostic procedures
- Anti-epileptic medication
- Food supplements (feeding tubes)
- Various specialized medications
- Gait Trainers
- Seating device
- Standing frame
- Ankle Foot Orthosis (AFO)
- Feeding pump
- Various other devices
- Home care
- Special school
Sorry, no projects have been created yet.