Port Elizabeth Mental Health
Mental Health Services
Port Elizabeth Mental Health offers a wide range of tailored services to meet the mental health needs of the community. These include:
* KHATALA (Dare to Care) - Social Work Intervention Intake services, New assessments, crises interventions, counselling, case work and statutory intervention.Educational talks, support groups, caregivers support groups, awareness campaigns, social security and material assistance, home programme for children with mental andmultiple disabilities.
* SIYAPAMBILI (Going Forward) - Psychosocial Rehabilitation Centres. We offer two Residential Care facilities. Individual social work services to residents, Life-skills training activities, Family preservation groups / meetings, Monthly climate meetings with residents, Skills for daily living programme, Arts and Crafts and recreational activities.
* KHANYISA (Enlighten) - AdvocacyAdvocacy initiatives for the rights of children with mental disabilities, Networking and Liaising with various departments, organisations, forums etc. on mental health issues affecting children, youth, adults in the community.
* MASAKHANE (Let’s build each other)Child and Youth Skills Development CentresQAQAMBA Special Education & Care Centre for children with severe to profound intellectual disabilities.Youth Skills Development focussing on Increased independence and self-management; Increased employability; Increased well-being and peer support; Increased financial independence; and Recognised certification of learners.
* SMART Team(Social media, Marketing And Resource mobilisation, Training)Facilitation of CPD workshops, small group discussions, wellness programs, team buildings, events and initiatives that help to build capacity in both organisations and the communities they serve.
Sorry, no projects have been created yet.