Retina SA Northern Gauteng Branch
Retina South Africa was established in 1980 as the South African Retinitis Pigmentosa Society.
Retina South Africa is a patient-driven action group that has branches in all the major centres in South Africa. Our major focus is:
- Support of the Retinal Degeneration Research project at the University of Cape Town to find the genetic mutations in South African families
- Facilitation of genetic testing to identify those patients who will benefit from clinical trials and imminent therapy
- Public Awareness of retinal degeneration
- Patient support including education, referral and intervention
- Collaboration with local and international agencies and researchers
- Fund raising to support this work
Sorry, no projects have been created yet.