Retina South Africa Western Cape Branch
Retina South Africa is the only patient run group in South Africa dedicated to finding a miracle – a cure for Retinal blindness by bringing treatments and cures for Retinal blindness through scientific research. We empower people with low vision to be productive members of society through information-sharing, training and counselling.
This is made possible through various fund raising initiatives.
Retinal blindness affects many South Africans both young and old, and these conditions are genetic in nature and can affect anyone.
With enough support we can make the dream of a sighted future a reality for some of the thousands of affected young South Africans.
For more information you can visit www.retinasa.org.za or find us on
Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/retinawc
our blog at: https://retinasawesterncape.wordpress.com
We have made great progress over the last 36 years.
- Over R10million raised to help achieve the dream of finding a cure for blindness
- Over 3000 patients involved in the RDD Research Project at the University of Cape Town
- Over 10 years of headline sponsorship by Dis-Chem pharmacies of the Ride-for-Sight event
We are planning to achieve greater heights in the future:
- The first ever clinical trial on the African continent to treat Retinal blindness
- The running of the 30th annual Ride-for-Sight event
- A single Constitution to unite and empower all South African Retinal patients
- A new one stop interactive website with all the latest research news
- A dynamic new logo reflecting our upward progress whilst staying true to our founding principles.
Join the dream, invest in a miracle and make a cure in sight a reality!