LEGEND RHINO ORPHANAGE
The Rhino Orphanage is a registered non-profit company and was founded by Arrie van Deventer in 2012. The orphanage is the first specialist, dedicated, non-commercial centre that cares for orphaned and injured baby rhinos with the only aim of releasing them back into the wild.
It was created as the result of a lack of a specialized place for rearing baby rhinos who have been orphaned as a consequence of the current poaching crisis which feeds the illegal trade in horns.
The Rhino Orphanage aims to:
- Build and manage the World’s First Rhino Orphanage
- Create an environment where orphaned rhinos are safe from poachers
- Ensure that all rhinos within the orphanage receive the proper treatment, care and love they deserve
- Ensure that all human contact is kept to an absolute minimum to ensure release back into the wild
- Keep the public informed on the progress of the rhinos without commercializing or exposing these animals for any profit or gain
- Continue the fight on behalf of these wonderful animals who cannot fight for themselves