The Innovation Club NPC
The Innovation Club's main focus areas include:
- Sports Development
- Education Development
- Access to Information
Our Sport Initiatives aim to encourage the youth to participate in different sporting codes. We aim to achieve this by partaking in different initiatives throughout the year that encourages the participation of the youth in sports. Such Initiatives include :
- The Innovatve Soccer Tournament which is an 8 team soccer tournament that is hosted on an annual basis in March,.
- The Innovative Soccer League with a duration of 6 months which provides the platform to the youth to belong to a soccer club and regularly participate in sport.
- The Spring Sports Extravaganza which takes place in September every year and comprise of 3 different tournaments : Under 25 Soccer Tournament, Under 15 Soccer Tournament and a Netball Tournament.
Our Education initiatives aim to enocurge the youth to participate in educational programmes and also help develop their intellectual capabilities. Our initiatives include:
- Financial Literacy Workshop which caters for small informal business owners and aspiring business owners. The workshop covers the basics of starting and running a business, from how to write a business plan to how to source funds and maintain financial records.
- Career Exhibition which provides the learners with information relating to different career paths and also assisting them map a career plan.
- Public Speaking Competition which aims to instill confidence in the youth and also encourage them to be creative and write their own speeches, poems, songs, short stories,etc.
Our Access to Information initiative is the biggest of our initiatives thus far and with this initiative we aim to cater to the community at large. We aim to source funds and build an Information Hub where people can come use the internet, type CVs, do research, apply for Jobs,etc. This Information Hub will provide up to date information to the public and we also aim to provide free computer lessons to the community to help empower them and get them future-ready for a technology-driven world.