Victory Church Cape Town
God's Little Light House is a little pre-school in Cape Town that was started in 1988 to serve working families that could not afford day-care. Children from local disadvantaged areas (Masiphumelele and Ocean View) attended the school where they were loved, fed, cared for and encouraged to learn and grow. Sadly in July this year, Pam Keightley passed away. She was the driving force of the school, so at the end of 2019, the pre-school and aftercare centre is set to close its doors.
Victory Church Cape Town has had an offer accepted to buy the property on which God's Little Light House operated. The vision is to open a new not-for-profit pre-school in its place and to provide a familiar safe space to continue to care for the children. But we also plan for immeasurably more:
- Enabling spiritual, emotional, physical and academic growth
- Providing a nurturing environment with caring, loving and qualified teachers
- Inspiring children to dream and believe they can achieve anything
Our goal is to raise R3 000 000 (£175 000 or $215 000) to enable the launch of Victory Kids Pre-school in January 2020.
The money will be used to:
- Buy the property on which God's Little Lighthouse operated (R2 245 000)
- Complete urgent building works to comply with health and safety standards (Approximately R310 000)
- Refurbish parts of the building that have suffered wear and tear (Approximately R350 000)
- Buy Office equipment, classroom fixtures and furniture necessary to set up the school (Approximately R105 000)