Youth With Open Minds NPC
This organisation was co-founded by Patrick Ngwenya, Nokuthula Maseko, Moses Ndlovu and Wein dube in September 2017 to curb educational challenges that exist in South Africa.
YWOM will enhance its position as the leading cream-of-the-crop (YOUTH) developer in South Africa and rank highly among nations most respected and trusted organisations. YWOM will:
- Demonstrate excellent entrepreneurial quality and value
- Provide distinguished programmes and services of excellence that build upon to innovation to education and community service
- Attract other organisations from regional, national and international places that meet the YWOM’s standard of quality and service
YWOM is a non-profit organisation which is committed to:
- Expanding the horizons of youth development nationally;
- Mentoring the youth from different townships about entrepreneurship, resilience, self-actualisation, how plan their goals using the SMART principle, leadership and being the hero of their own stories;
- Striving to decrease the youth unemployment rate and poverty in our country;
- Educating and training the youth about HIV/AIDS, alcohol and drug abuse.
To broaden the post-school opportunities of disadvantaged youth. We aim archive this by:
- The provision of free educational enhancement services, academic support and supplementary tuition aligned with the public school curriculum.
- The establishment of career guidance and life skills to enable learners to make wise decisions about their post-school lives.
- The establishment of computer literacy, providing learners with computer skills for success in their tertiary studies and in the labour market.
- The provision of space for creative expression under the Media, Image and Expression curriculum.
- The coordination of HIV awareness programmes, and about opportunities for voluntary HIV testing.
- The provision of extra programmes as needs rise.
- Backer for quality and unbiased access to education for all South Africans.