Zonke Izinto was established in 2011, as a temporary safe care facility for abused and abandoned children. This project was the dream of one married couple, who operated the safe house from their own home, without any financial help. Despite acquiring the NPO status they had no help from the government. A few years later, with more community funding, the safe house was moved to new premises, a home which is rented by the safe house.
Zonke Izinto is a temporary safe care home. However, many of the children stay for long periods of time because finding foster care or alternative placement is not easy. This is the duty of child welfare, and they fight a difficult battle regarding this. So, the numbers of children can increase suddenly. This is the only safe house in the area, and the need to remove children from abusive situations is great.
Our mission is to provide the following:
- A safe, loving environment for traumatized children
- Protection of the rights of orphaned, neglected and abused children
- Nutrition and health (doctors, clinics)
- Education and spiritual guidance (some attend school)
- Psychological and social counselling (social workers)
- Recreational activities supplied by outside volunteers e.g. Schools, Round Table, churches
Sorry, no projects have been created yet.