Welcome to BackaBuddy, the home of crowdfunding.
We understand that raising funds for a cause can be difficult and sometimes intimidating, which is why our team has put together our best advice for a successful crowdfunding campaign.
If you have any questions throughout your journey, please reach out to us, and we will be happy to guide you.
Your first donations and getting started:
Campaigns with initial support from loved ones creates trust in your campaign, and can help you raise 220% more funds.
Instant messages are also typically read within the first 3 seconds, which increases your chances of getting support for your cause in the beginning phase.
For sharing templates and advice on getting started, click here.
- Avoid sharing your campaign to a wide audience with no funds raised.
- Just like no one wants to be the first person on the dancefloor, donors in the wider community usually wait until a campaign has a few contributions before lending their support – especially if they don’t know you personally.
Raise more funds
- Fine tune your campaign message: Your campaign message should be simple, short, but emotive. The person reading it should know exactly who you are, where you are from, what your funding needs are and the impact donations will have on your life. Read more.
- Tell your story with a short video: Create a 1-2 minute video with your cell phone that introduces yourself and your cause. This video can be loaded to your campaign via a YouTube link, if you don’t have an account, send us the clip and we will upload it for you! Read more.
FACT: Campaigns with videos tend to raise about 4 times more funds.
FACT: Social Media can increase your campaign’s likelihood of success by 5 times
Haven’t received any funds yet? Try this:
- Reach out to more people in your network: Have you contacted your extended family, neighbours, co-workers, social groups to support your cause? Have you shared your campaign on social media or contacted your local newspaper or radio station?
- Interact with the online community: Depending on which social media platform you are most familiar with, share your campaign to different groups and forums in your area or that relate to your cause.
- Share campaign updates: Post about your campaign more often on social media, through sharing updates, thanking your donors and sharing your fundraising milestones. You can also ask your BackaBuddy campaign manager to send an update to your donors.
Connect with BackaBuddy on social media