Backabuddy is looking for a Social Media Marketing Officer who is able to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and impact efforts and be a part of this awesome team.
The ideal candidate has a keen interest in crowdfunding, is compassionate and passionate and willing to be an advocate for crowdfunding in Africa.
Primarily 8am-5pm but flexible, travel to Cape Town required once a quarter.
Market related R10 000 – R12 000 per month, depending on experience.
3 month set contract. Consideration for a permanent position following.
ASAP, but flexible for the right candidate.
- Monitor social media groups, trends, tools, and applications and recommend actions/next steps.
- Populating BackaBuddy’s social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest.
- Updating the BackaBuddy WordPress blog.
- Monitor the BackaBuddy general phone
- Work closely with colleagues across the organizations to develop and post content to social networking sites.
- Provide support to other team members on online promotions
- Source requested content and prepare for posting.
- Managing the mass mailing tool by creating custom lists and emailing specific segmented recipients.
- Manage Facebook Ads.
- Manage advertising and attendance of online workshops
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content. (Copyrighting and Graphic design skills)
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Collaborate with marketing team to create a social media calendar
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
- Proven experience as a Social media coordinator
- In-depth knowledge keyword research, Google Analytics and Adwords
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Ability to gasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Must have own laptop
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML (ideal)
- Excellent social listening skills
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadline
Please submit a motivational cover letter and resume with salary requirements to: [email protected]
NB. Only those whose applications include a motivational cover letter will be considered. Only those considered & selected will be contacted.